Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA

I have CLL, currently watch and wait status. I’ve been getting really itchy on my neck and arms in the evening before bed. Wondering if this is a symptom of CLL or something else.

April 17, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Last summer I had some evening where my skin was itching. Then I cooled myself with a fan and the itching stopped? I do not know if the cool air changed the feeling in my skin or if my relaxing caused the itching to stop? I know if the feeling was going to start I had a solution to stop the itching. I did find some good scratches on my leg every so often but no bleeding.

April 19, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Hi Ryan:) Could be a plethora of reasons, aside from CLL, that is causing the ithcing (allergic reaction to something (new soap, animals, new medication, food, detergent, etc etc). Maybe consider seeing a dermatologist or even your primary care physician to obtain their input? I have itching in the back of my neck/head at night and it is caused by psoriasis. I use a natural salve that has calendula and beeswax in it and it works immediately so I do not awake at all during the night.

April 18, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I was having that problem with itchy hands and arms and my Oncologist put me on ZYRTEC which is an antihistamine and I only had to use it so far a couple of times and the itching is gone.

April 17, 2025
MyLeukemiaTeam

Yes, itchy skin can be a symptom related to CLL. Many people with CLL experience what are called "insect bite-like reactions" - these are itchy rashes that can appear in various areas of the body. These aren't actual bug bites, but rather a manifestation of CLL itself. It's important to keep track of any new or worsening Show Full Answer

Yes, itchy skin can be a symptom related to CLL. Many people with CLL experience what are called "insect bite-like reactions" - these are itchy rashes that can appear in various areas of the body. These aren't actual bug bites, but rather a manifestation of CLL itself. It's important to keep track of any new or worsening symptoms like this and report them to your healthcare team. Your hematologist can help determine if the itching is related to your CLL and recommend appropriate treatment options to help manage this uncomfortable symptom.

April 17, 2025

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In