Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, NY

Hello there. I am wondering if any of you folks have whacked out Immunoglobulins. My IGA and IGM are 2x UCL and my IGA is non existent. I have read really good science on the presence of inflammatory markers in and outside of the marrow environment and I know that there are many variations of this Leukemic theme, but is there is anyone else out there that has Chronic systemic inflammation and if so, what are y'all doing about it. Is anyone doing a treatment that addresses this… read more

April 13, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Hey Michael, Immunoglobulins that are too HIGH, definitely an (Inflammation Marker!) Immunoglobulins to LOW, very little Immune Support (for All Infections…) IGA is the Infection Fighter… The 3 major IMMUNOGLOBS are IGA, IGM & IGG… I see IGA, twice??? Did you mean IGG & IGM are too high? I’d like to explain further… For all low Immunoglobulin’s & chronic Infection’s, IVIG is used! That is contraindicated for your High Inflammatory Immunoglobulin’s PS It’s Soo discouraging that there are too many SPECIALISTS, that are seriously CLUELESS!??🤪(Putting that out there, as pleasantly as I can…) The Mediterranean Diet helps to a degree w/Inflammation…Check out all diets that can help w/inflammation… Try Green Tea, in place of some of your Coffee… I hear you… You’re past the point of being disgusted w/Doctors & Politics… Wondering WTH this all can’t be Easier… Needing a Huge Break! Honestly, the Fur Babies can have more ANSWERS, than some of these Highly Paid, Idiot’s😻 The GABAPENTIN, only works for a time & can knock you on your Butt, by itself… Must be tapered as Withdrawals is fierce! Some Dummy Rheumatologist’s suggest Antidepressants… like Cymbalta??? It can all be overwhelming, ANGERING & EXHAUSTING … creating more Inflammation!!! Also must be tapered if going off as addictive…
The Hem-Onc’s need a BETTER GRIP ON REALITY OF EVERYTHING THE LEUKEMIA PATIENT, experiences…😾

April 13, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I was very surprised to discover not only inflammation, (bleeding in my joint’s… ) Only recently detected due to tests to approve me for a Lumbar Puncture… That’s not happening… I always wish you well & the least pain possible… Latest Discovery, Supplements & Spices that aggravate Inflammation & supposedly did opposite!?🙀

May 3, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Thanks for the fantastic information. I will definitely look into the lab tests. I already have a decent idea what is bad and what is good in my diet. It's just that the bad, is just so darned good :) I am okay on the Blood thinner for now as I only take 1/2 every day. I stopped taking aspirin because of additional bleeding risk especially if I have a beer in the evening. After having MDS for 3o years I have a good handle on what makes me run and what smacks me over the head.

May 3, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

My husband has CLL and is a "long term covid pneumonia survivor". We haven't been "officially" diagnosed with systemic inflammation but we've had enough evidence in labs and my research to be confident that's an additional issue we're battling too.

I have "concocted" a few "inflammation targeted" smoothies for him. WHEN he drinks them regularly (2X a day), we have had great results. Tumeric is your best friend for inflammation. (Real tumeric, not supplements) . It's the cucurim that does it.

There is a great Facebook private group called "Anti-inflammatory Diet for Beginners". I've been on it a couple of years. It works much the same way as this group. There are MANY people who have or had all different kinds of inflammation (autoimmune) issues - lupus, diabetes, all different kinds of arthritis, the list goes on and on. They offer recipes, treatment feedback, just all kinds of helpful info. I would very strongly suggest you look into it. Like here, not every post is going to apply to you....but you can learn SO MUCH from all of them.

It's the most reliable source for fighting inflammation that I personally have found. Best wishes!!

April 13, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Thanks Sheryl I will adjust the post. Looking for answers and any information I can find to fix myself.

April 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Australia

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lakeland, Florida, USA

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Australia

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In