Most cases of SLL progress to CLL eventually per the MD Anderson site. They are basically the same disease which is why you often see SLL/CLL.
Good morning Pat in my humble opinion in which I've read I believe that sll is worse just because of the symptoms that it can cause discomfort in the lymph nodes in your neck and your groin in your armpits where CLL is in your blood not in the lymphatic system and besides that I think CLL is easier to treat with Target therapy that supports protein inhibitors. Hope that helps have a great day.
I've been in remission for several years with CLL & I'm taking Imbruvica. Is it still a watch & wait for me to see if it turns into another type of cancer?
Betty - one of my previous docs - a CLL specialist - said the same thing. He also said when you have CLL it is in your blood, lymph system and marrow. Everywhere basically. I've come to know that watch and wait is just code for let's see which organ or body part is affected to treat more aggressively, eventually. Right now I'm taking steroids for enlarged lymph nodes growing throughout my body. Insidious.
Interesting!