I had researched the idea of having blood transfusion to correct high white blood cell counts. I figured it would work... just like changing out the old oil in your car for new oil. But no such luck.
We found this article helpful because Jim is in Stage0 watch and wait CLL. Never know what is down the road....S and Jim
Blood transfusions can be part of the treatment for leukemia, even if you are on a "wait and watch" approach. Here are some key points from the knowledge base:
- Red Blood Cell Transfusions: These can help treat anemia, which is common in leukemia due to the bone marrow producing too many abnormal white blood cells and not Show Full Answer
When I wound up in the hospital when my blood labs were "critical ", they gave me three transfusions until my counts were at a place wherevyhey could send me home. But a nowhere blood draw two weeks later, had me back for another two. When I started intravenous and oral treatments, the numbers progressively got better. It seems, it would make dence to take progressive and preventive steps before it would get critical... but where's the money to be made in that. It seems to be the consensus to wait till treatment is 'needed' rather than 'as needed'... at least in the initial stages.
Thanks for your comments.
Yes I think they all think of money saving in this day and age. Keep well x