Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My C3 and C4 compliments are positive and my ANA is 1/1280. My Rheum Doctor is confused, my Hematologist is not sure what is going on and is looking at the Rheum for treatment beyond Hydroxycloriquine. I believe I've asked this question before but I'm still throwing my line in the water. MDS/MPN CMML 1 SF3b1 Del-13q

April 27, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

That was a great response. I am not sure if I have been tested for HLA. I will address this with my Rheum. My Heme says he has seen some patients with these 2 issues. My DX is UCTD 2022. Thanks

April 28, 2024
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Has your rhuem tested you for the HLA genes?

April 27, 2024
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

My husband has CLL and Anklyosing Spondolitis which has caused fusion in his c5-7. I don’t know if this will be helpful AT ALL, but, HLA genes (like HLA-B27) positivity is linked to CLL as well as AI diseases like lupus, AS, and RA etc. husband is HLAB27+. The chronic inflammation caused by these AI diseases is the suspect for leukemia. Now, there are no curative treatments for these diseases, rather management treatments (in my opinion because there is no money in cures and lots of money in long term management, but I digress). We have been seeing a naturopath who has done some food sensitivity and microbiome testing (you can get similar tests on Groupon). He is trying to keep all the other inflammation down so that the body can focus on the leukemia and AS repair. The theory is that too much inflammation pulls the body’s resources in too many directions causing all disease to flourish. It might help to take a look at what your body is sensitive to through food and microbiome to get some of your other inflammation down.

April 27, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Marysville, Ohio 43040

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Livonia, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In