Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hayward, CA

Example: I am tired when I wake up. However I make myself get out and ride my outdoor bike for 1 hour and/or 10 miles. When I get home I am still tired but proud of myself for getting out and it makes me want to continue. I feel the tired is a “good” tired!

June 27, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

My first year I did not know I was suppose to have low energy. I continued to visit the gym 3 times a week and jog. The days I did not go to the gym I would cut and split oak for 2 hours and my wife would make me quit and my body was not exhausted. When I learned about leukimia I was surprised that I did not have low energy? This summer I find myself doing only half as much as I did the previous year? I also find myslef out of breath after swing an ax or sledge hammer for 15 minutes which is new to me? What I did not know is that other people would have a problem with doing my tasks or schedule of activities? I always just thought I was pacing myself? Now I realize I am pushing myself to be healthy with my activities. Thanks for making me find my "Epiphany." Celebrating Long Life (CLL)

June 27, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Sonia2, I am in the same situation as you! I eat breakfast at 10am, go to water class at the Y for an hour, then take a nap sometimes in the PM. I have increased my workout by swimming 2 laps after class! I did PT for my lower back and I feel better and more flexible. Each day is different for sure, but just keep moving while thr warm weather is on our side. Charleen

June 27, 2025
MyLeukemiaTeam

What a great insight about managing fatigue with leukemia! Research shows that physical activity during cancer treatment can actually help minimize fatigue symptoms, improve mood, and enhance quality of life. While it may seem counterintuitive to exercise when tired, many find that staying active provides both physical and Show Full Answer

What a great insight about managing fatigue with leukemia! Research shows that physical activity during cancer treatment can actually help minimize fatigue symptoms, improve mood, and enhance quality of life. While it may seem counterintuitive to exercise when tired, many find that staying active provides both physical and emotional benefits. The key is finding ways to work around fatigue and rest when needed. Taking control through self-care activities like your bike rides can help build patience and resilience. Don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself - these small victories in maintaining an active lifestyle are worth celebrating!

June 27, 2025

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In