Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 9, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I told all of my family and friends within the first month. I didn’t want to be around people if they were sick, and both of my daughters work with children in addition to having their own children, so I felt this was important. Since the initial diagnosis, I found that I have the genetic mutations that make me one of the few that have the rapidly advancing form of CLL. As I feel more fatigue, extreme, lymph node swelling, and all the other stuff, I am glad I told them so that they understand.

April 9, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I told my kids first then the rest of my family...it is hard..to tell people you have Blood cancer ♋

April 9, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

It was an immediate share with family and then it has been as I felt appropriate or necessary or comfortability level with friends, coworkers and employers. It is not always black and white, but often a grey area as to reading people.

April 27, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I shared it with my three daughters and some close friends, I do find the Mediterranean diet does make e feel better.

April 15, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

She was it's not that she didn't believe me I guess she had to see it on paper

April 14, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In