Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
June 9, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Skin cancer is a concern for me. I'm an outside person, tending to both vegetable and flower gardens. I know I've gotten way too much sun already this year. I need to get smarter and pay closer to the daily UV Index.

June 24, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

We may have a high chance of something going bad inside us with lots of bad cells attacking good cells? We can improve our chances of being healhty bybeing both mentally and physically more healhty. I improved my mental health just reading about Luekemia right here? Once my fear was under control I focused on other ways to fight this illness. I had always visited the gym and been phyically active at my property. I also eat healhty and avoid those foods which may be bad for a person's health. I am having a happy and healthy summer. Celebrating Long Life (CLL). https://www.lls.org/managing-your-cancer/food-a...

https://www.lls.org/managing-your-cancer/food-and-nutrition
https://www.lls.org/managing-your-cancer/food-and-nutrition
June 23, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

From my experience, having had certain other cancers, you are at a risk of developing cancer again. It's not only CML. But yes, there are certain cancers we have a higher risk of developing, for some reason, things like oral cancer and thyroid cancer are a higher risk. I did years of research in my old profession, and my conclusion is it's the way our blood cancer works, and the way it infiltrates spleen and liver- the cancer cells have access to every organ of our bodies. It's much more complicated than that, but with the lowered immune response and other complications, we do need to be aware of what can happen. ( I've had skin cancer,but because I am constantly vigilant about things, I caught it early)

June 21, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I think those bad cells can attack other cells and this may how cancer in organs occurs? People are told to not worry if there is a swelling in lymph gland or an organ becomes enlarged? I think if something becomes enlarged then it is called cancer.

June 11, 2025
MyLeukemiaTeam

It's understandable to feel concerned about this information. While studies do show that people with CML have a 30-50% higher chance of developing a second cancer, it's important to remember that this doesn't mean everyone with CML will develop another cancer. The best approach is to:

• Stay consistent with your CML Show Full Answer

It's understandable to feel concerned about this information. While studies do show that people with CML have a 30-50% higher chance of developing a second cancer, it's important to remember that this doesn't mean everyone with CML will develop another cancer. The best approach is to:

• Stay consistent with your CML treatment plan
• Attend regular check-ups with your healthcare team
• Report any new or unusual symptoms promptly
• Focus on what you can control in your health journey

Remember, many MyLeukemiaTeam members successfully manage their CML with proper medical care and monitoring. Your healthcare team is there to help address any concerns you have about your specific risk factors.

June 9, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Texas City, TX

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Canads

A MyLeukemiaTeam Subscriber asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In