Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Berryville, AR

A cancer diagnosis can be a real wakeup call. My type of cancer is terminal but treatment has progressed to the point that I'll die with it and not of it. Which is a big plus. But still the illness has changed my outlook on life in general. Like setting priorities and not putting things off. Tomorrow is no guarantee. How has your cancer changed the way you deal with life? Do you live more fully in the now? Do little things not bother you so much? How has cancer changed your outlook on life?

December 28, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members reflected deeply on how cancer transformed their outlook on life, with many describing a shift toward living more intentionally in the... Read more

Members reflected deeply on how cancer transformed their outlook on life, with many describing a shift toward living more intentionally in the present, prioritizing what truly matters, and refusing to let the disease define them. Several members shared that their diagnosis strengthened their faith, inspired gratitude for each day, and motivated them to embrace opportunities without guilt, while others expressed frustration over unfinished dreams and systemic barriers like insurance denials that prevent access to life-saving treatment. A recurring theme was the determination to live fully despite ongoing challenges, choosing hope and resilience over fear, and finding meaning in the everyday.

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I am living day to day one day at a time CLL will not win !!!

January 3
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Ajaya,
I am more than willing to answer your question and share my thoughts.

I "live" with two cancers daily - I say live because that's what "we" do.

I have leukemia and lymphoma since 2010.....active. Like you, at the moment, I will die with them and not because of them.

My outlook: Greet everyday as "normal" as possible.....with the added bonus of seeing life as a glorious sparkling package - just for me to experience and embrace.

It's not a Pollyanna perception of life - I have more issues from long term survival that impact my life. That being said......cancer doesn't define ME.

There are struggles, challenges and pain everyday. I am an admitted over-achiever......I do too much, knowing I push myself more than I should.

I could say it's because I know how precious time is - and I don't want to miss a thing!

My message would be - enjoy life, embrace everything and everyone..stop along the way and take the time to see!

December 28, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I try to live the best life I can..I believe I won't die from cll .it will be in me when I leave this world I am always trying to figure out what I can do to help myself.. what changes can I make to help me live a better quality of life...I try not to stress over things but sometimes it takes over me ..I keep a positive attitude and I do not think about having cancer all the time ..

January 1
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

For me, i was just walking through life. Today God is number 1 in my life. NONE of us would still be here without his intervention. I am sorry I didn't get to do some things I wanted to do in life b/c of other medical issues, but if this is God's plan, so be it. Who am I to question it.

December 29, 2025
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I was diagnosed 25 years ago at age 51 and I haven’t been concerned much until recently. Now that I’m 76 , I’m realizing that there are some things in my life that I’ve wanted to do that I probably won’t ever get to. It pisses me off!!!

December 28, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Antonio, TX

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dallas, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In