Sometimes out of the blue my wife will get what she says is like hundreds of needles poking in her neck on one side where a lymph node is. Most times applying an ice pack will take the the pain away, but today it took a couple ice pack treatments for the pain to go away. She is currently not doing any treatments for her CLL as it’s the wait and see approach as her WBC is around 85,000. Any other true and tested ways to get rid of this sharp pain when it hits. Also with her having CLL what might… read more
Ask her Oncologists office staff about grants. Where I went for treatment, they had staff whose job it was to find grants for people who couldn't afford the costs. Hopefully they can help you. I don't know anything about SSDI. I also have CLL and knew if I had to make my co pay out of pocket we would be in trouble after a very short time. Good luck to you and your wife.
Hi Ron. Sorry that your wife is having so much trouble with her lymph node. Has she tried warm compresses on the area vs. the ice(see link below)? Also, there is a lot of information out there in regards to our lymphatic system and how important it is to keep it flowing so to speak. Not sure where you are located but there are also places that use lymphatic drainage techniques to help. But, with that, if one has other health issues (depending on what they are), the techniques may or may not be a good idea. Following are some links if you are interested in learning more about the lymphatic system. Since learning about the lymphatic system and how it can affect CLL more, 7 yrs ago I started rebounding (mini trampoline), also had ELT drainage therapy for awhile, changed my diet, increased my water intake, etc. So many different things that may or may not help. All of our bodies are vastly different so what works for one may not work for another.
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-perfor...
https://www.doctorshealthpress.com/swollen-lymp...
In regards to SSDI...it's a process and no not an easy one. I began over 2 yrs ago and long story short..was denied 2 times...appealed it 2 times and now have a disability lawyer involved (who, no I do not pay unless the case is approved). Waiting on a court date for hearing with judge, which I was told may be another 5 months just to get the date for a hearing. I also have a plethora of other health issues in addition to the CLL (early stage dimentia, crohns, macrocytosis, Dupuytrens contracture-both hands, enlarged lymph nodes, bulging discs, degenerative disc disease, etc) all at the young age of 60! LOL I gotta smile and be positive about it all tho...am blessed every day regardless and truly I do not dwell on what is wrong with me:):) Now that I've totally rambled on and thank you for reading by the way..If you and your wife do decide to apply for disability, I would definitely find a disability lawyer that obviously does not charge you unless you win. In hindsight, I wish I had done that in the beginning...they know what they're doing and they know how the system operates more than we do..
I was on watch and wait for many years enjoy the time waiting. Worrying will not help matters it will just make things worse. As far as financial problems I can’t afford a cell phone never mind treatment cost. The daily pill I’m on now cost 500$ imbruvica each. No way could I afford that. Thanks to the cancer society I have received a grant for 10,000 to help with copay and meds I’m on my 3rd grant. It has taken the burden off my shoulders. I wish you the best and a long watch and wait period. Enjoy that time
I'm sure she could get on disability and it's pretty easy it was for me
A BIG hug, So sorry she is in pain I don’t have answer on her pain