Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyLeukemiaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am 74 and have been in remission 5 months with chemo and Venteclax.My doctor seems pleased and says that I can stay in remission for years,but I know a lot of people like me relapse in a short time.Are any of you in remission now with just chemo and drugs?

June 30, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

Yes, do ask about a transplant. You need to be fully informed about all of your options. You might also think about getting a second opinion. I wish you the best.

July 2, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

yes, in my 4th year of remission after 6 months of chemo for CLL, feel fine other than fatigue if I overexert.

June 30, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I am glad to hear you are doing well.I went into remission immediately too with my chem and Venteclax and plan to ask my doctor about stem cell transplant.Even though I am doing well now,I think that a transplant might work for me.I certainly plan to ask.

June 30, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I developed AML leukemia at age 72. I was treated with vidaza and venetoclax, I immediately went into remission and was told that a stem cell transplant was my only hope for a cure and that it was better to have the transplant during the first remission. That is what I did, and now 4 years later I am doing well. I am very glad that I chose to do the transplant however risky it can be.

June 30, 2023
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member

I am now doing the Decitabine and Venteclax and will have to continue with it.Thank you for your feedback because I ,like you,am getting tired of the monthly treatments.I like my doctor ,and he is highly qualified,but I think I am going to ask more about other options.My doctor does tell me that I can have fewer treatments later on.My age and other factors are probably going to limit my options.So far,I am doing well,but I want to do better if possible.

June 30, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Francisco, CA

A MyLeukemiaTeam Member asked a question in Acute Leukemia group 💭
Hayward, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In